Long story short, Instagram algorithm goal is to keep its users as long as possible on the platform.
So how does it make sure that its users stay as long as possible on the platform?
Basically, tracks everything:
- who follows you
- in which posts you comment on
- which posts you view
- who comments on your posts
- which posts you like
- what type of content you post
- who you follow
- what type of captions you use
- which hashtags you use
- who likes your posts
And with all of this interactions your account will be included into an niche categorizer.
Their pixel calculator also detect if you post a car or a landscape and of course the Instagram algorithm will also keep an eye on everything you do.
So that, to ensure your content presence to the right audience, you should:
- like, comment and view content within your niche
- follow other influencers in your niche
- post content in your niche
- use hashtags from your niche
With all of that Instagram algorithm will categorize your account in the niche you want to be in order to get engagement from your targeted audience.
Don’t forget: #measure #optimize #share